Griffin Gallery Mentoring Programme.
The Griffin Gallery International Residency Programme is an exciting opportunity for emerging artists in painting and drawing. It is designed to give the winning artists an introduction to the exciting contemporary art scene in London. The month long trip includes use of a studio above the Griffin Gallery at the Studio Building, 21, Evesham Street, London W11 4AJ, accommodation at ACAVA’s Hetley road flat and peer support from an artist mentor. More about the programme can be found here.
- Nigel Grimmer mentoring Dean Reynolds from the U.S.A.
- Silvina Soria mentoring Jose Carlos Naranjo from Spain
- Esmeralda Valencia Lindström mentoring Jean Charles Bureau and Claire Nicolet from ENSBA in Paris, France
- Nigel Grimmer and Esmeralda Valencia Lindström mentoring Corrie Badaulf from the U.S.A.
- To facilitate the visit of the GAP winner to London
- To act as first point of contact for the winning artist
- Plan a minimum of 3 contact events per week for 6 weeks
- Plan and deliver an initial orientation day including information about living in London, transport, shopping and areas of interest
- Accompany the prize winner on trips to exhibitions, private views and artist studios
- Arrange peer critiques and social events to introduce the prize winner to other London based artists and curators
- Contribute to the evaluation of the programme through feedback and discussion with the organisers
- Graduate level education
- Good knowledge of London and the London art scene with a diverse range of contacts
- Practicing ACAVA artist with studio
- Sociable and welcoming
- Languages as appropriate