Looking for mentors for Griffin Gallery residency programme.
The Griffin Gallery International Residency Programme is an exciting opportunity for emerging artists in painting and drawing. It is designed to give the winning artists an introduction to the exciting contemporary art scene in London. The month long trip includes use of a studio above the Griffin Gallery at the Studio Building, 21, Evesham Street, London W11 4AJ, accommodation at ACAVA’s Hetley road flat and peer support from an artist mentor.
The role of peer mentor is exclusive to ACAVA members and we are looking to recruit two new mentors in 2017 to support artists from Italy and China. We are looking for London based artists to fill these roles, the fee is £100 per week for the duration of the residency (exact length of stay tbc – approx. 4 weeks per residency).
- In August 2017 an artist from Italy will be visiting, a mentor with at least conversational Italian will be required
In September an artist from China will be visiting, a mentor with good Mandarin will be required
- To facilitate the visit of the resident artist to London
- To act as first point of contact for the artist
Minimum of three planned contact events per week
- Plan an initial orientation day including information about living in London, transport, shopping and areas of interest.
- Accompany the prize winners on trips to exhibitions, private views and artist studios
- Arrange peer critiques and social events to introduce the prize winner to other London based artists and curators
- Contribute to the evaluation of the programme through feedback and discussion with the organisers
- Graduate level education
- Good knowledge of London and London art scene with a diverse range of contacts
- Practising ACAVA artist with studio
- Sociable and welcoming
Languages as appropriate
To register your interest in these opportunities, please email Isabella Niven, ACAVA Programme Manager, email@example.com
, before midday on Tuesday 4th April 2017, with the following information;
- Name, address and ACAVA membership details
- Up to date C.V
- 2 fully labelled images of recent work
- Details relevant language(s) and proficiency